Blog Detail

Currently.

01 Jun 15
Heidi Kumm
, ,
12 comments

For the record I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth, just the tiny little that is the internet. There have been another round of major life changes going down here in the Land of Heidi and rather than try to put everything into words I’ve let all my social oversharing fall to the wayside [well, except for Instagram because a photo is worth a thousand words, right?!].

IMG_0369

And what’s been going on lately?! A little bit of running in the mud, a little bit of racing [Greenland 25K + Colfax Half Marathon] and a lot bit of changing up pretty much every aspect of my life! There are more adventures on the horizon but until then, this is what’s up in my life currently…

…I’m officially a student again, this time in an EMT training program 4 [very full] days each week + clinicals.

…medical training is so much harder than my talk-myself-in-circles-until-you-believe-me marketing + business degrees were!

…the EMT program is so much more interesting than marketing, maybe it’s just because it’s new? [but I hope it’s more than that!]

…sorting through ALL my gear + clothes in an effort to majorly purge – it’s amazing how much stuff I’ve acquired but don’t need.

…recovering from PRK laser eye surgery – it’s been a few weeks but I still claim “recovery” since my vision is still adjusting.

…I left my job at Sierra Trading Post as their Twitter + Pinterest content creator + channel manager, I am yet to regret this decision!

…rocking colorful nails thanks to a shellac manicure with my mom during a impromptu trip back to WI for Mother’s Day.

…my body has found a happy place with running, which is really all about running, just because I can. There may be no “A Race” this year.

…ditching Feedly for a few bookmarked blogs has increased my online productivity exponentially!

…few things make me happier than being part of someone learning the joy + simplicity of splashing in puddles mid-run!

…in just 6 short days I’m running my 3rd marathon. I do have time goals but I really just want to enjoy it without tripping on the steep descent!

…my mom + her friend [+ daughter!] are arriving in Colorado on Friday, I’m beyond jazzed for a weekend in the mountains!

…going car camping, just because we can. But all the late season snow is making it hard to find a mountain camp site that is snow/mud-less.

…taking pictures of life even if I don’t share them, it’s really fun to look back at them and realize I did ALL of that in the past few months!

…making plans for my weekends this summer, because with a crazy busy class/work schedule I’m going to need my down time!

And with that…bring on the summer sun [but not the sunburns!] and happy days of mountain exploring, trail running and puddle splashing! There will be photos + stories to share…here’s to hoping I find the time! There are massive EMT textbooks + late night clinicals calling my name and without a medical background they will be demanding a LOT of my time!

12 Comments

1. Robin June 1, 2015 at 10:36 am Reply

Good luck with the training! Sounds like a great choice. Glad to see you are still running!

• Heidi Nicole June 1, 2015 at 6:55 pm Reply

Thank you! Definitely still running, although more for mental balance than anything else…gives me a great excuse for some “me time”!

2. lynne June 1, 2015 at 12:21 pm Reply

i’ve found the same thing re: photos taken but not shared. i really enjoy flipping back through and remembering exactly how full life is! hope you’re less stuffy today!!

• Heidi Nicole June 1, 2015 at 7:01 pm Reply

I was writing this “currently” post thinking…”hmm, what have I done?” thinking there wasn’t much to talk about. Then I flipped through some photos! They might not all have post-worthy stories on their own but they were definitely experiences worth remembering!

3. Rebekah June 2, 2015 at 8:28 am Reply

I am a fan of purging. Whether it be clothes, unsubscribing from auto-emails, deleting emails in general, even an occasional friend delete on FB ????, just feels good!

4. Laura June 2, 2015 at 8:43 am Reply

Whoaaaaa I want to hear more about Lasik! I have been considering (though honestly haven’t done too much research). Which marathon is up next for you?

5. Kia Ruiz June 2, 2015 at 9:14 am Reply

Kick a$$ with EMT training. You got this.

• Heidi Nicole June 2, 2015 at 6:14 pm Reply

Thanks! Here’s to hoping I survive the summer… 🙂

6. Dave June 2, 2015 at 10:20 am Reply

Some very ambitious changes. The very best of luck to you in your studies.

To your ‘purging’….this is a blog that has had a big impact on me in that area….not my blog obviously. Just an FYI….

• Heidi Nicole June 2, 2015 at 6:15 pm Reply

Oh, thanks for the link! I’m basically living out of my car this summer so there will be a lot of purging going on in my life!

7. The Padre June 4, 2015 at 12:53 pm Reply

Excellent Post…. Enjoy Camping…. Soak Up That Atmosphere

• Heidi Nicole June 4, 2015 at 6:45 pm Reply

I’m going to sit in a hot spring full of adventure this weekend. Can.Not.Wait! 🙂

Share Your Thoughts