I have big dreams and a crazy wild imagination. I also have a pretty big ego and all kinds of confidence in my ability to do all sorts of awesome things…maybe, someday. More often than not I’ll read about an exciting adventure or watch a documentary on a far away country and immediately say “someday…”.
So, here is my list of the things I will someday do. I might not be any good at it and quite honestly something will only go down in my imagination. Either way, I will give it my best shot!
- Pilot a plane – and just maybe own one if I get crazy rich!
- Zipline in a jungle.
- Get my writing published…on paper!
Host a family holiday or get together.Does a successful ‘friends-giving’ count?!
- Foster shelter animals. I did adopt one!
- Run a redemption marathon. Done! Completed the Fargo Marathon on May 19th and loved it!
- Visit the Canary Islands and climb up as high as possible to see the Northern Lights.
- Snowboard in the Alps.
- Instruct a spin class.
- Return to South Korea and the DMZ.
- Run a farm of sorts – goat farm, hobby farm, vegetable farm…
- Grow a successful garden.
Get Lasik eye surgery.Did it April 2015, SO worth it!
- Climb a mountain – done, but still a work in progress with the 14ers in Colorado + adding mountains in Mexico, Switzerland + beyond.
Try out white water rafting.Went with AVA Colorado Rafting and loved it — also gave plain ol’ river rafting a shot, much more my pace. Run a long relay race.I became a #1 Stunner at the Wild West Relay, which was only the beginning. I’ve run WWR again + Hood to Coast, both with a feisty bunch of people.
- Visit Queenstown, New Zealand.
- Go bungee jumping.
- Go rock climbing, outside on legit rocks. Done! Took a free course with Apex Ex + multiple other courses through Colorado Mountain College, including “high alpine rescue” + “sport climbing”.
- Visit more of the US National Parks – this is ongoing…lots of visits to RMNP + a trip to Sequoia & Yosemite + backpacking in Canyonlands as well as Crater Lake, Mesa Verde, Grand Canyon…I should just start a checklist!
Run a trail race – at least a half marathon.Ran Xterra Trail Half, which led to many more trail races!
- Create/Find and maintain a manageable strength training routine.
- Remodel/Move into a beautifully functional kitchen & decorate it to fit the house.
- Make homemade ice cream.
Run an ultra marathon.Ran Bear Chase 50K! Earn legit ultra cred by taking on a 50M mountain race.Ran Quad Rock 50M and North Fork 50M. Run a 100M race…and smile at the finish line.Boom, done! Did Run, Rabbit, Run 100! Return to Switzerland for another bout of hostel life.I went back in 2017 with tentative 2018 plans to return, again!
- Travel with more freedom just to see what the world has to teach me.
- Build a house, from scratch, on my own. And not die living in it!
- Get my skydiving certification + use it to leap from planes.
Of course, this list is ever changing…or at least growing. I highly doubt I’ll be taking anything off this list! Am I the only one with a someday list?! What do you plan on doing…someday down the road?